Poor little Joya Claire! I feel so sad for her on the mornings that I take Caleb to school. She seems so forlorn without her best playmate, dearest friend, the laugher at all of her antics, ally and big brother, Caleb. The first couple times we all went together to drop him off, but she was so devastated that Caleb was staying behind without her that now I try to leave her with Cody in the mornings to avoid traumatizing her! When I get back from dropping him off she is happy to play with me for a while, then she starts looking around and calling "Caleb, Caleb, Caleb" so I tell her that Caleb is at school and that he will be back soon and her fervent response is "NO! NO! NO school Caleb", it is so heartbreaking. On Thursday I took her to a little play-group, thinking it would distract her but, she even asked for him while playing with the other kids at the park, "where Caleb?", "Joya Care school?"(she wants to go to school with him now). She sounds so pitiful you would think he had been gone for days, not hours!
When I pick Caleb up from school, Joya Claire is taking her nap so he comes home and runs up the stairs and says "Joya, I'm home" and she immediately wakes up ready to play with her favorite person in the whole world! I am trying to come up with creative things to do to keep her happy and distracted. Thursday is play-group so that leaves Tuesday and Wednesday that I have to try and fill the enormous void that Caleb leaves behind. And I thought she was going to love having me all to herself three days a week! Oh well, there is definitely no competing with Caleb!


